Joanne Twombly LICSW presents…
Integrative Treatment of Complex PTSD and Dissociative States
A Two-day Workshop
November 17-18, 2018 at the Lavin Bernick Center at Tulane University Uptown
registration information here
Do you have clients who just aren’t making progress in traditional treatment and could benefit from more effective approaches that are protective and safe to the internal system?
We are delighted to announce that Joanne Twombly, LICSW, a recognized expert in the field of complex PTSD and Dissociative, has agreed to come to New Orleans to present on that very subject. PTSD’s characteristic dissociative symptoms of numbing and intrusion vastly develop complexity when people suffer neglect, attachment disordered parenting and multiple childhood traumas. This leads to disorders on the further end of the continuum including PTSD with dissociative features, Borderline Personality Disorder, and Dissociative disorders.
Workshop participants will:
- Get a quick, practical overview on working with complex PTSD and DDs
- Learn integrative methods to address complex PTSD and Dissociative disorders, including: EMDR Modifications and Ego
- State Techniques; and Hypnotic Language
- Review challenges such as working with suicidal and perpetrator parts
- Learn basics of IFS through using it to deal with countertransference
- Learn a protective, controlled protocol for processing traumatic material
- Earn 14 CEUs
EMDR trained clinicians will learn important modifications which will add to the standard protocol, protecting clients from decompensating, and enabling EMDR to be used with this population. As these techniques can be used with or without EMDR, EMDR training is not required to attend this workshop.