Resources for Mental Health Professionals
Identity, Bias, and Cultural Humility: Connecting to Ourselves and Others. McSilver Institute for Poverty Policy and Research. New York University
Legacies of Pain and Resilience: Clinical Implications for Understanding Historical Trauma and Race. McSilver Institute for Poverty Policy and Research. New York University
Courses and Trainings
- Create Meaningful Change in Your Community: African American Multi-Generational Trauma & Implementing Models of Change. Dr. Joy Degruy.
- Culturally and Racially Attuned Workshops, Training and Supervision. Mary Pender Greene.
- Hey, White Therapist, Here’s Where We Start. Clearly Clinical.
Select videos from the 2020 EMDRIA Annual Conference
- EMDR Therapy with an Afrocentric Critical Race Perspective. Wendy Ashley & Allen Lipscomb.
- Racial Trauma, Neurons, and EMDR: The Path Towards an Anti-Racist Psychotherapy. David Archer.
- EMDR Diversity & The Spectrum of Trauma Prevention. Rocio Hernandez.
- Racial Trauma in America. Panel discussion about racial trauma with an application to mental health treatment and clinical supervision.
- Panelists: Dr. Makungu Akinyela, Dr. Harrison Davis, Dr. Karla Sapp, Dr. Carla Smith
- List of resources recommended by panelists and attendees
- Treating Mental Health in the Black Community. Simple Practice. YouTube.
- Connectfulness. Episode 10: Mending Racialized Trauma: A Body Centered Approach with Resmaa Menakem. Rebecca Wong.
- Healing from Systemic Racism using EMDR and Brainspotting with David Archer. Karen Millon.
- On Being. Resmaa Menakem ‘Notice the Rage; Notice the Silence.‘ Krista Tippett.
- The Breakdown. Dr. Earl Turner.
- Therapy for Black Girls Podcast. Dr. Joy Harden Bradford.
Resources For Organizations
Building a Multi-Ethnic, Inclusive, and Antiracist Organization. Tools for liberation for antiracist activists, allies, and critical thinkers.
Resources for Individuals
From White Racist to White Anti-Racist. The lifelong journey by Tema Okun